Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Week 3: Photos & Images - Thing 6 & 7



Thing 6 = Flickr mashups: I explored Flickeur which is a cool mash-up tool. Flickeur creates a film by merging randomly retrieved Flickr images into a stream which "can vary between stream-of-consciousness, documentary or video clip". This is very interesting as you can barely identify any photos but this mashup had a film-noir feel to it. I do not have time to explore all of the mash-ups and/or third party tools but I know where they are and am more familiar with the mash-up concept.

Thing 7 = Post anything technology related. I really am trying to learn how to play with my photos and do cool stuff. I want to figure out how to get all of my photos from various places into one spot and then copied to a flash drive. I think a flash drive with just photos on it would work. This takes the idea of traditional photo albums to a whole new level. Especially in the case of fire, it is a comfort to know that ones photos are preserved online.

No comments: